1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Keene, NH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jul 24, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Keene Sentinel, a progressive and must-read daily in the hub city of growing southwestern New Hampshire, seeks an enthusiastic and creative reporter to join our sports department. Big on traditional old-school game stories? Then don’t bother. We want talented and resourceful people who plan to shine while giving our demanding readers coverage of two successful NCAA programs, seven high schools, a wildly popular college wooden-bat summer league team and loads of community sports in sun and snow. You’ll even get to Fenway Park and Gillette Stadium a few times. Send cover letter and resume to The Keene Sentinel, 60 West St., Keene, NH, 03431, attn: David Lanier, sports editor, or to dlanier@keenesentinel.com.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

For its size, Keene is a good paper. They also cover NASCAR at NHIS.

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Was offered a job doing 1A takeout features at this place years back and very reluctantly turned it down to take a better-paying job at a union shop in Massachusetts. Totally agree that for their size, they run a good place. Guy who's now the exec editor thinks big and used to work at the Baltimore Sun, and the current ME used to be the sports editor. Great town (they filmed Jumanji there), small university there, short jaunt to big cities. If I was a noob looking to break in, I'd hop on this one.

4. JohnKeene

JohnKeene New Member

Sounds like the place for me... Now where have I heard the name Keene before?

Draft saved Draft deleted