1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports reporter, Kane County Chronicle (Ill.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by WrIIter, Sep 25, 2008.

1. BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit Member

Is that common, for a 12,000 shop to bring in so many candidates without a single one working out?

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Since I'm the source of much speculation around these parts, I figured I might as well chime in. I was offered this job as well as the McNeese State beat in Lake Charles. After some introspection, hemming and a touch of hawing, I decided that going a long, long way from home for a college beat trumped being close to friends and family for a preps beat. (It helps to have no women and children holding you back.)

Of course, I had no idea they'd have this much trouble finding someone to stick. I do know that they wanted someone starting awhile ago. And Jay is a good guy to work with, so whoever gets this gig will be in good hands. The pay, I think, is competitive enough. (Of course, I used to work at a place that didn't pay dick even though I was the SE.) If you get a place in Sycamore rather than St. Charles or Geneva, you will have some extra cash left over.

Want more details? PM me. (Just don't ask for my bank account number. Unless you're a Nigerian prince who needs help getting to America.)

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I hear these guys might have found their man.

4. Cubbie Blue

Cubbie Blue New Member

Any news on this one? Has this spot been officially filled?

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Yes. It's been filled.

6. WrIIter

WrIIter Guest

Our new reporter, Kevin Druley, started on Friday night. Kevin comes to us from Lincoln, IL.

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Congrats, Kevin. Druley is a good guy and will do well.

Draft saved Draft deleted