1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter -- Jefferson City (Mo.) News Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jan 5, 2015.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Jefferson City News Tribune has an immediate opening for a reporter to cover high school sports in Missouri’s Capital City. There’s a high interest in sports in Mid-Missouri, with 27 high schools in our coverage area, as well as a Division II university in the city. We’re looking for someone who loves to report, write and has design skills. If interested, drop us an e-mail immediately. The job search ends Jan. 30. Send a cover letter, resume, work samples and references to Managing Editor Gary Castor at gary@newstribune.com.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1232665

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Decent gig, can pile up a lot of decent clips quickly. Good people to work with, and last I heard its relatively stable (family owned and not a chain).

Any idea who left or is leaving? They've had a ton of stability there in sports.

3. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Journalismjobs.com thread had it paying only $20 to $25K ...

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Only $20 to $25K?

Shit, most medium- to small-sized newspapers only pay their sports editors $25K.

5. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

I don't make less than $30K at a mid-size, and I don't live in Calif., or NY or Fla.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I haven't found an opening anywhere in a six-state area that pays the SE more than $25K. Some were as low as $18 K and they wouldn't budge, even for a 16-year veteran who redesigned an entire paper almost by himself.

7. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

Maybe you should start looking for an SE job anywhere but those six states. For 25K or 18K, I'd find a new profession.

Draft saved Draft deleted