1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Jasper (IN) Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Nov 16, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1123112

Another opening in southern Indiana.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/41909/

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

This gig comes open quite often.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You had me until "afternoons."

4. LemMan

LemMan Member

This a GREAT place to work. I spent a year here under the same editor, and would have stayed much longer, but I was presented with a great chance I couldn't pass up. The high schools in the coverage area are very competitive and the town is CRAZY about its prep sports. Plus, covering the state high school basketball tournament in Indiana, even though it's no longer one class, is a blast.

5. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I got a call about this job six years ago when I was coming out of college. I just lined up another job before they called or I probably would have interviewed. I've been to Jasper before. It's a nice, little town, not too far from Evansville. Not the worst place in the world.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'll echo what lmcmillan said. It's a nice, little town. Close enough to Evansville that you get decent shopping, concerts, etc. Can't say much about the paper, but the town is nice.

7. Writer33

Writer33 Member

Jasper, home of the Schnitzelbank Restaurant and Sultans Run golf course. Two of my favorite things.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Jasper is the one place where being nuts about Hoosier Hysteria hasn't died and the state basketball tournament is a tough ticket.

They have always, visually, had an incredibly good paper, too. They used to kick my paper's @$$ at the statewide awards, and I always thought we had a helluva section.

Draft saved Draft deleted