1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter -- Jasper, AL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by young-gun11, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There was one I passed on my way to Nashville all the time (right near the Bama-TN border, I think) called Big Jim's Booby Bungalow. Still bitter I never had the balls to stop in.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I knew that about Josh and still had him transposed with Evan Woodberry in my mind. Derp.

Wasn't impressed with Green Top when I went. Don't do strip clubs. Still mourning the loss of Uncle Mort's, perhaps the state's finest breakfast joint.

3. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Winner.

4. slc10

slc10 Member

Looks like another job opening down the dumper :( .

Been out of the game almost a year and it isn't looking any more promising.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The Booby Bungalow. Exit 6, just across the Tennessee line. Almost stopped once while on a bike trip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Went in the Bungalow once years ago coming from Nashville. I go to the bar to get beers, friend with me heads toward the stage to check out the "entertainment."

He comes back to the bar a couple of minutes later, laughing hysterically. Turns out the dancer on stage still had stitches in from her most recent boob job.

We finished the beer and quickly got back on I-65.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did you stop to take your picture with the giant chicken at the truck stop next door?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean Uncle Mort's which was up for sale for years before it "mysteriously" burned to the ground, only to be replaced by a bingo hall that lasted two months before the state shuttered it? That Uncle Mort's?

Draft saved Draft deleted