1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter in Lynden, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BraulioPerez, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BraulioPerez

BraulioPerez New Member

This is my current position that I'm leaving at the end of the month. Strong consideration will be given to local candidates. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. Lynden is located about two hours north of Seattle and 25 minutes from Bellingham. Good football and basketball in this area. Lynden has won three straight 2A championships and has taken first, second and third in the 2A hoops state tournament the last three years.

The Lynden Tribune, a weekly newspaper in Lynden, Wash., seeks a full-time sports/news reporter. The successful applicant will be responsible for the coverage of prep sports in the sports-crazy area of north Whatcom County, including coverage of five high schools. General news assignments are also associated with the position. The ideal candidate will be familiar with a variety of sports, work well with coaches and athletes and show proficiency in InDesign and photography. Send resume and three clips to tim@lyndentribune.com.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I lived in this area for 17 years and figured I'd chime in on this one. If you're a young journalist looking to gain experience at a fairly solid weekly in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, you should check it out.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

For those who may not know, Lynden is only a pitching wedge distance from British Columbia, Canada and Vancouver is a day trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted