1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter in Laredo, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jan 21, 2012.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

....from jj.com

Company: Laredo Morning Times
    Position: Seeking star Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    February 23, 2012
    Job ID: 1314290

Description:
    The Laredo Morning Times is looking for a knowledgeable full-time Sports Reporter.

Our Sports department covers four local professional teams (soccer, baseball, hockey, and indoor football), seven local high schools -- including boys' and girls' athletics -- and two collegiate programs. Laredo is home to championship boxers and horse trainers, along with a wide spectrum of alternative athletics. The rich sports enviornment requires its sports reporters to share its vigor.

Applicants should have at least a bachelors degree and demostrate the ability to work within rigid deadlines and word-count limitations, all while constantly searching for fresh stories and unique angles.

Please email sports editor Adam Geigerman (AGeigerman@lmtonline.com) to apply. Include a cover letter, detailed resume and at least five clippings. Also, please indicate the best time to reach you.

2. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

if half of the stuff on that show Bordertown: Laredo is true, this is likely one to steer clear of.

3. doodah

doodah Guest

Texas High School football alone makes this perhaps the best entry level job in the country.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Obviously you know little about Texas high school football if you think Laredo is a factor.

5. doodah

doodah Guest

I know HS football there is better than in, say, North Dakota.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

No, no you don't. Sorry.

7. doodah

doodah Guest

Laredo LBJ High School went 6-4 this season. Oh my god, worst team EVA!!!1!!1!!!11

8. doodah

doodah Guest

I applied a couple minutes ago. Still no messages back :(

9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Wow. Please tell me that doodah is trying to be the next Pickle_Juice.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Doodah is comic relief. Keep posting dude.

11. scottwcoleman

scottwcoleman New Member

The stuff on Bordertown and Border Wars is all true - and there's worse stuff that they don't show. Be brave and say your prayers every day if you get this one.

12. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I know El Paso is actually a pretty safe town to live, as long as you stay on the US side of the border, in despite the chaos in Juarez, but Laredo has always had a reputation for a little more chaos.

Draft saved Draft deleted