1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter in east Tennessee

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Nov 30, 2011.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

....from journalismjobs

Position: Seeking Sports Fanatic
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires:
    January 4, 2012
    Job ID: 1301331

Description:
    A twice-weekly newspaper in East Tennessee needs a versatile sports reporter with a passion for learning the business. Slackers need not apply. Beats will include prep sports, recreation sports and outdoors. Photography skills are a must and some page design using InDesign is required. We demand excellence, but we specialize in training young journalists. We offer a competitive entry-level salary, paid vacation, 401(k), health insurance and travel allowance. Send a resume with three of your best clips and three business references to sportsreporterjob@yahoo.com

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Who is getting fired for Christmas and doesn't see it coming? Bush league stuff to not identify your paper.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

The senior Mrs. Editude lives in Eastern Tennesee, and I would guess that this listing is for the Rogersville Review (http://therogersvillereview.com/home). The most recent sports story on the site is from Oct. 9, so maybe it's a twice-quarterly product. The town, tiny, is between Morristown and Kingsport, about 75 miles east of Knoxville.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Agree with Stitch.

5. writingump

writingump Member

Whoever gets this job gets to cover the Hawkins Co. Super Bowl every fall -- Volunteer vs. Cherokee.

6. DarrenSBsports

DarrenSBsports New Member

Actually, after a little research the owner of that email address is Steve Meadows. Linkedin.com lists him as the Editor and Publisher at the News-Herald in Lenoir City, which is part of the greater Knoxville area. Never heard of the paper, know nothing about it.

7. DarrenSBsports

DarrenSBsports New Member

http://www.news-herald.net/

8. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

tisk tisk

9. dingo10886

dingo10886 New Member

what newspaper is this for and is the position still available?

thanks.

10. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Dude...bro'...I'm like, a total slacker and I'm totally going to SUPER-apply!
    Wicked-awesome, brodie! And I'm takin' Keanu Reeves with me!

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You're asking here why, exactly?

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You could always apply and find out yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted