1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter in Auburn, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Nov 26, 2011.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

From Journalismjobs.com

The Auburn Journal, a 10,000-circulation daily in the Sierra foothills, seeks a full-time sports and health writer to join its staff.

We cover seven local high schools and a vibrant outdoor sports scene here in the Endurance Capital of the World.

We’re looking for a talented reporter who can cover all aspects of our coverage using a variety of methods including writing, photos and video. Assignments will include game and event coverage. The reporter will also contribute health and sports related news stories to the front-page of the Journal on a weekly basis.

Experience at a daily newspaper is a plus, but recent college graduates are welcome to apply. Multi-media experience or a strong desire to learn and use multi-media in reporting a must.

Please indicate if you have page design experience with Quark or InDesign.

Send a resume and three samples of your work to Editor Jenifer Gee at jeniferg@goldcountrymedia.com

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This one is (get those hounds ready) an hour or so from Tahoe, along I-80 between Sacramento and Reno.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The drive between Sacramento and Tahoe is one of the most beautiful in the country.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Do you get to cover the Iron Bowl or just preps?

5. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

@Steak

6. Steak Snabler

Blue font indicates sarcasm. I am well aware that Auburn University is not in California.

Now go fetch me a beer, noob. And practice how to use the quote function while you're at it. ;)

7. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

So sorry that I don't know everything about message boards since I have a life outside the internet, Mr. 8,000+ Posts.

8. Steak Snabler

If the WiFi in my mom's basement wasn't so spotty, I'd have even more ...

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You could get more posts in if you didn't spend so much time covering the church picnic beat.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

At least valpo knows his geography. 8)

11. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle New Member

Anybody have insight into this paper? Good management? Is it a two-man staff? I'm curious about cost of living. Certainly it looks like a great location for outdoor fun.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Been through Auburn, Calif. Wasn't overly impressed with the paper, but it's four years, so things may have changed a bit.

As for cost of living, it's California, so it's got to be pretty darn high.

Draft saved Draft deleted