1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Hendersonville (TN) Star News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by clutchcargo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Position just came open and will be filled quickly, for obvious reasons (football season, anyone?). Fulltime sports writer covering high school, community and recreational sports for Gannett publication in Sumner County, NE of Nashville.

Occasionally must do pagination, but job is pretty much reporting and writing, period.

Star News is published twice weekly alongside sister paper The (Gallatin) News Examiner, and there is a combined Sumner A.M. edition that comes out Sunday and is distributed with The Tennessean.

Application link:
    http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=PIKGTV&lr=cbga_tnt&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8A1LL66W2N5RWN9BVF

Sports staff has consistently won Tennessee Press and Tennessee Sports Writers awards in recent years, including 2nd in the state for circulation category for TPA Sports Writing overall.

2. writingump

writingump Member

All I have on this one is that I believe the high school team's nickname is the Commandos.

3. Anything on this one?

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I hear that Ryan Callahan, a former Tennessean freelancer backing up Chris Low and Bryan Mullen on the UT beat, and more recently with the Maryville (TN) Daily Times, has filled the position.

5. disgruntledgrunt

disgruntledgrunt New Member

Ryan's good people. Good for him!

Draft saved Draft deleted