1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Grants Pass, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Sep 11, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

from jj.com

http://www.thedailycourier.com
    The Grants Pass Daily Courier, a five-day paper with circulation of 13,500, is seeking a sports writer to cover prep sports and write about the outdoors in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon. If you can write about a football game one day and then head out the next day to write about rafting or fishing -- and maybe have a little fun along the way -- we want to hear from you. Experience preferred, but if you're a sharp, aggressive recent college graduate we encourage you to apply. Must be able to handle a camera. An understanding of video is a plus, but not mandatory. Send resume, cover letter, references and work samples to Editor Kevin Widdison, P.O. Box 1468, Grants Pass, OR 97528; or kwiddison@thedailycourier.com.

2. PioneerVoice

PioneerVoice Member

The web site is fascinating. I'm currently watching a cat lazily play with a scratching post on "Critter Cam 1". Of the free content, this clearly takes the cake.

http://web.thedailycourier.com/web_cam_3/

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"The mohel" lives in Grants Pass.

4. This is the area of the country I want to die in - but live a bit before doing so. I love the Northwest, and being paid to be report on community sports is about as good as it gets.

I'll keep an eye on this one and 20 years from now, shortly before I'm ready to retire, this might be the place for me.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If newspapers are still around 20 years from now.

If you like the area, why not apply now? I once worked in Medford, about 40 miles south of Grants Pass. Yes, the place is a little isolated geographically, but the Daily Courier always seemed to do well with what it attempted to do and the staffers were good to exchange information with.

6. spud

spud Member

Wat

Draft saved Draft deleted