1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Grand Haven, MI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

The Grand Haven Tribune has an immediate opening for a sports reporter to join our award-winning team. Candidates should be energetic and engaging, with strong writing, communication and social media skills. Photography experience is a big plus. This is a full-time, flexible but primarily second-shift gig.
    The Tribune publishes Monday through Saturday in beautiful Grand Haven, located on the shores of Lake Michigan. We won both statewide General Excellence awards this past year, and strive to be the best of the best. You should, too. E-mail a cover letter, resume, three clips and photos to mdeyoung@grandhaventribune.com.

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

A straight shot across the lake due west to Milwaukee.

3. Beautiful area in the summer, especially.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Photography experience "a plus" but you're also asked to send in photos. I can't say I pay a lot of attention to job ads, but I haven't noticed that before.

5. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

So just send in photos of yourself, your family and friends.

6. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Sending in photos is a first that I've seen, ever. Still, a beautiful area, and with the proximity to Grand Rapids, maybe cover GVSU?

Draft saved Draft deleted