1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Glenwood Springs, Colo.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by effinyorks, Oct 23, 2008.

1. effinyorks

effinyorks New Member

This position was open a few months back and, unfortunately, is open once again. Message me for details.

Sports reporter wanted at the Glenwood Springs Post Independent, a 7-day, 12,000 circulation newspaper located in the mountains on Colorado’s Western Slope.
    This is a great opportunity to cover a variety of sports with a heavy emphasis on high school sports reporting.
    The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented reporter who's passionate about storytelling.
    Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), recreation bonus, training opportunities and advancement possibilities. Region full of recreation opportunities.
    Send cover letter, resume and clips to dshrull@postindependent.com

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Recreation bonus? Discounted lift tickets or something?

Still ... Colorado mountains ... ah, places I could live.

3. effinyorks

effinyorks New Member

The rec bonus kicks into effect after two years and you basically get reimbursed for the purchase of a recreational item of some sort (like a kayak or skis or something) up to a certain amount. The company also works with employees on ski pass financing (although I think the deadline's passed for this season). We do, though, have passes for the local mountain here (Sunlight) that are available to anyone. We used to have a medallion, but that's gone now with the crap economy.

Draft saved Draft deleted