1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter -- Glens Falls, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by LarryDavid, Aug 17, 2006.

1. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

One of our local softball teams went to play in that area recently and I got to meet a couple of their reporters, very smart and very nice. Beautiful area even though it was a downpour that day.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't think turnover is a bad thing when mentioning this paper.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I just meant that there won't be as many opportunities as there were two or three years ago.

4. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Plus echoing what E-Street said, other alumni are now at Orlando as a senior editor and Indianapolis as the Senior AME of Presentation.
    However, we have had 14 posts and no one has mentioned that your only 20 minutes away from Saratoga? Shameful :)

5. SwampsofJersey

SwampsofJersey New Member

Anyone know why this posting disappeared from the APSE site early this week? That seems too early for it to have been filled.

6. danhawks

danhawks Member

got an e-mail today from the editor telling me that the position has been frozen :-(

7. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Another black mark for a paper whose sports section was undoubtedly the best under 40K in the nation in 2001 and 2002.

8. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

And the Mid to Late 1990's

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Come on, this sort of thing happens all the time. Give 'em a little slack -- Greg has earned it, and good for him for being on the up-and-up for whoever emailed him. I'm sure it will be open again.

10. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Plus, the ME there (Ken Tingley) is another former sports writer/editor who has left his mark on APSE as well. Good guy.

11. Any truth to the rumor that this position is opening up again? It was closed up a while back because of budget problems.

12. Well, I just answered my own question. This job is back up on the APSE site.

Draft saved Draft deleted