1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Gallipolis, Ohio

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KP, Sep 14, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Contestant: Big bucks, c'mon big bucks, biiiiiiig bucks, no whammies STOP!
    Announcer: A Whammy.
    Whammy: Ha Ha no big bucks for yoooouuuuuu.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=681093

Company: Gallipolis Daily Tribune
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $15,000 to $20,000
    Ad Expires: October 18, 2006
    Job ID: 681093

Description:
    The Gallipolis Daily Tribune is seeking a full-time Sports Reporter. Duties would include coverage of local high school athletic events, rewriting and editing submitted sports information and taking photographs at athletic events. Training available on photography. Some pagination skills desired, but not essential. Resumes and clips can be given to: Brad Sherman, Sports Editor, Ohio Valley Publishing Co. 825 Third Ave., Gallipolis, OH 45631 or emailed in Microsoft Word to bsherman@mydailytribune.com.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

$15 to 20K? Holy shit, I bet people are lining up around the block to apply for this one.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey, I grew up near here. Hahaha. That's in the part of Ohio known as Northern West Virginia, mostly because it is part of Appalachia. Very, very, very poor. The sad part is that the shitty wage they're offering is probably more than most people in the area make in a year.

4. For that kind of money - or slightly more - one could be the SE at the Williamson Daily News. Its a daily paper DEEP in Southern West Virginia (across the river from Belfry Ky.)
    The paper recently lost its SE. Like Gallipolis, its a Heartland Publication paper.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gallipolis ... about halfway between Charleston and Columbus on U.S. 35 on the Ohio River.

I wish I could add more, but I've only driven past it.

6. Right across the river from Pt. Pleasant W.Va.; home of the Mothman Legend.

Draft saved Draft deleted