1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Galesburg, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Scouter, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Scouter

Scouter Member

Company: The Register-Mail
    Position:
    Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    September 16, 2010
    Job ID: 954439

Description:
    Help shape a progressive sports department. The Register-Mail, a 13,000 circulation daily newspaper in Galesburg, IL, has an immediate opening for a sports reporter. Job duties include a variety of sports reporting from gamers to features. Design skills a plus. Enthusiasm and energy are a must. The Register-Mail ranks among the best small daily newspapers in Illinois each year in the Illinois Associated Press contest. This year, the sports section was named best in its division across all GateHouse newspapers.

Send resume and work samples: The Register-Mail Attention: Mike Trueblood, sports editor 140 S. Prairie St., Galesburg, IL 61401, or e-mail to: mtrueblood@register-mail.com. For more information, call 309-343-7181, ext. 255.

Our ASE just took the SE job in Casper, Wyo., and I'll be sliding into his spot in a couple of weeks. If anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or shoot me an e-mail at afrey@register-mail.com.

Aaron Frey
    Register-Mail sports reporter

Draft saved Draft deleted