1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Erie Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jan 24, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

as seen on journalismjobs.com...

The Times Publishing Company, publisher of the award-winning 50,000 daily circulation Erie Times-News and GoErie.com, seeks a general-assignment sports reporter. We want a versatile writer who excels at enterprise reporting, game/event coverage and hard news. We value accuracy above all and seek someone who is adept at writing under tight deadlines.

Coverage could include an NBA Development League team, other minor league sports and an array of high school and college sports. Applicants must be fluent with social media and should have experience shooting video. The position also will require handling stories for news, including 1A pieces.

Applicants should have extensive experience in newspaper reporting or other journalism positions. A bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field is required. We're seeking someone who can self-edit and work in concert with a sports editor.

Applications must be received by Feb. 15. Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume with a telephone number and e-mail contact information, and examples of their work to humanresources@timesnews.com. No phone calls, please. EOE

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

My parents grew up in Erie.

They left before having a family, and raised us in Southern California.

This posting reminds me to thank them for that, for the millionth time.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Four words: Lake-effect snow squalls.

Hometown of the Wonders.

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I covered the NCAA wrestling tournament for these guys last year here in St. Louis. Pay was better than expected freelancing for a smaller paper. Sports editor seemed to be a good guy to work for in my two-week experience setting up coverage, paperwork and then covering the event for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted