1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter -- Effingham, IL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by steveu, Jul 30, 2014.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I swear, if I had $10 for every time this place posted an opening I'd be rich. lol. Anyway, Effingham's a nice little city tucked between St. Louis and Indy and it's at the junction of I-57 and I-70. Anyone else chime in.

Company: Effingham Daily News
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:

Sports Reporter

The Effingham Daily News, a progressive six-day daily in Central Illinois, seeks a sports reporter with multimedia skills. This is a second position on our award-winning sports team with an emphasis on local sports coverage of 16 local high schools using a variety of media platforms. This position requires someone who is comfortable producing quality content for print, digital and social media platforms. The core requirements include a bachelor's degree in journalism or communications, plus experience as a sports reporter (internships or experience on a college newspaper will be considered). Multimedia experience is a plus, but strength in print reporting is essential. A valid driver's license and a safe driving record also are required. The Effingham Daily News offers competitive pay and benefits. Respond with your letter of introduction, resume and at least three recent writing samples to sports@effinghamdailynews.com.

2. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Had an interview there back last August. 'Twas a 6-hour drive for me, and although I didn't get the job, it was a great interview, professional, great town. I'd apply for it if I wasn't tied down where I'm at now.

Draft saved Draft deleted