1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/editor, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mark2010, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing, and came here expressly to make that funny. Damn you!

rb

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Seems like a great opportunity for somebody to pierce the Canadian market.

3. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Imagine all those times of being on the wrong end of the old "Do you have Prince Albert in a can" calls.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One nice thing about this job: Lots of Saskatchewan champagne available.

[​IMG]

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Jesus, I just went to urbandictionary.com to find out the other meaning of the phrase. Call me sheltered, but I had never heard it referred to as that before.
    That's.... interesting.

6. thesnowman

thesnowman Member

Best photo I ever took was actually at those very chuckwagon races :eek:

After an early failed attempt, the paper moved to two full-time sports reporters in the spring of 2006. And the local economy in P.A. is not exactly booming not as bad as you might be led to believe either. The city itself is under 90 minutes from Saskatoon and on the fringe of some of the best golf, fishing, and camping in the province.

PM with questions.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

what's a chuckwagon race?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Been to games there. Awful town. Half Metis, big employer in town is the prison. And great hockey town. Just about as small as major junior markets go. A coupleof years back they had a decent major junior team and a Junior A squad that made national finals. Very cool rink that's been thoroughly renovated. I called for a press pass when I was there on other business--p.r. gus says "the FotF?" and I say, "Yup." In fact we'd gone to j school together ... he'd been the pr guy in Prince Albet for 15 years, worked in Brandon or something for five years before that. OMG, thought I, here I thought I wasted my life ...

o-<

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He/she was the PR person for the Prince Albert Raiders of the WHL? Doesn't sound like such a bad gig.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Yeah, but you have to work in a can.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

A college buddy got one. He put up posters in the dorm inviting people to come watch. I did not.

But since there's no point getting it and keeping it hidden, or so he would probably say, he liked to make sure everyone got a chance to admire it. Knowing, however, that no one would VOLUNTEER to look at it, he became very stealthy. Turn your head for a second? You'd turn back and there would be Al, staring back at you.

Draft saved Draft deleted