1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Editor - Marysville, CA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports reporter/editor

Description:

The Appeal-Democrat, the daily newspaper serving Marysville and Yuba City, Calif., is seeking generalists for possible future openings.

We currently are looking to fill a sports editor position -- if you have a journalism degree and a year or so experience as a sports reporter, we'd like to see your resume.

But we're also looking for resumes for future openings for news reporters and copy editors.

We're a small newsroom team and new hires need to be able to (or be willing to learn to) report, edit and paginate (using InDesign) for news and sports. We would be happy to receive applications from recent graduates, as well as people with a year or two of experience. This is a great location to work in journalism and increase clip files and gain tons of experience of all kinds. Send cover letters and resumes to Editor Steve Miller at smiller@appealdemocrat.com.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Cities straddle the Feather River and are about 40 miles north of Sacramento (although why you'd go there when Lake Tahoe is only 15 minutes away is beyond me). Preps, including the Yuba City High Honkers, a juco and summer collegiate wood bat team seem to be the sports highlights. Jon Miller told a funny story about trying to peek inside the ballpark the other night. And that's all I got.

3. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

That would be the Gold Sox in the Great West League, and no, you can't peek inside the ballpark, though it's a sweet place that has that real baseball feel. My kid played there (in a JC game and against the Gold Sox) a couple years ago and loved the place. Beyond that, the Toyota Amphitheatre in Wheatland is a mere 20 miles up the highway and holds some huge concerts, and of course, it's 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe. ... I almost took a crack at this job somewhere between 25-30 years ago but didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted