1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter -- Eagle-Vail, Colorado

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And if you can't ski, Colorado is not the place to learn. Their bunny hills are other state's black diamonds.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If NY State can have a blind Governor then a ski town newspaper can certainly have a sports reporter that can't ski. I can ski but can't write, I wonder if they would consider me.

Eagle Vail is a great area. If I were young with no responsibilities I would jump at a chance to work at a paper like that because of the skiing - the best in the U.S .

If you don't ski it's probably not worth it to struggle.

3. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Nah, you can still learn. You can learn enough to be adequate (which is all I assume you need to be to cover things) in a day or two.

4. outdoors

outdoors Member

You have several ski areas around, so you can always find one that is a little easier. A-Basin can be good at times, so can Copper. Both have relatively easy beginner bunny/green slopes that most can pick up after a few days. I would think that a pass to the ski area would be included. If not, then this job would be extremely hard to live with.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This could be a very exciting job if Kobe ever comes back to Vail.

6. Boom_70

As I recall this was the paper that tried at first to put a happy spin on the whole Kobe visit to the Vail Valley at first.

7. TheS

TheS Member

I'll agree. I met Chris at a state volleyball tournament, and he was indeed a good guy.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Isn't there a comedy festival in Vail every year, too?

9. I ran into the same problem here. I actually got offered a job at the paper, but couldn't accept it because while being in Vail sounds like fun, I don't think it would be all that great if I wasn't eating every day and couldn't actually afford skis. I couldn't find anything - even studio apartments - for under $950/month.

10. This is the same place where Kobe had "consenual?" intercourse with a 19-year-old, right?

11. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

By the same token of NY's blind governor, a skiing town could also have a sports reporter who has affairs at the Days Inn.

12. Boom_70

How would they be able to afford the room in prime season.

Draft saved Draft deleted