1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Desker -- The Stillwater (Okla.) NewsPress

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Stillwater NewsPress, a daily newspaper in the home of Big 12 power Oklahoma State University, is seeking a motivated sports reporter to join its newsroom team. The desired candidate will have outstanding writing abilities, strong time-management skills and well-honed journalistic instincts. He or she must have a firm grasp of evolving trends in multimedia and social networking as well as have photography, videography and page-design. Night and weekend hours are required.
    Job duties will include:
    • Covering high school, college and adult and youth recreational sporting events (photography, videography and writing)
    • Designing sports pages at least once a week.
    • Producing multimedia and social networking content for college and high school sports. Interested candidates can email a resume, examples of your work and references to Sports Editor Chris Day at cday@stwnewspress.com or mail them to 211 W. Ninth Ave., Stillwater, OK 74076

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1267427

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Four letters, CNHI.
    There's a reason this job comes up every few weeks. This should be an amazing job for a kid coming out of college to get his clips on a very good college beat. However, though Stillwater is a great college town, the paper is a mess.
    I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away from the job with the market the way it is, but if you have a stable job right now, don't go there.

3. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Whoops, meant to post this as Johann. Oh, well.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Impostor!

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Anyone hear anything on this?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ask Johann... maybe he was missing because he was on the phone

7. Jason Galloway

Jason Galloway New Member

I don't understand this Johann thing... Why do you have two accounts, and why does it matter which one you use?

8. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I don't have two accounts. Stitch just thinks I do.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Anyone hear anything? It's already been four days, dammit.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm not the only one or is it your dad who takes over your shift posting job listings when your off the clock?

11. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

It's CNHI.

Someone was probably hired, robbed and beaten by a bunch of retired state employees from Alabama.

They'll eventually be on to let you know they've accepted the position -- once they can save up enough money for internet (highly unlikely). By then, CNHI will have cut their job.

Draft saved Draft deleted