1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/desk position, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Nov 16, 2017.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Daily Inter Lake (yes, it's three words) is hiring a sports reporter who can chip in on desk duties.

Kalispell's a growing city in a great area of Montana if you love the outdoors (Glacier N.P., Flathead Lake, skiing, etc.). Cost of living isn't as crazy as Missoula or Bozeman ... of course, you don't have first-rate colleges in Kalispell, either.

It's a Hagadone paper, so you won't get rich, but probably a good place to get clips and experience.

The publisher proudly notes his staff consists of "young, multi-tasking journalists." Another way to say it: they're filling only some of the job openings, with people who will take a low salary.

Here's the J-Jobs ad: JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports/Design and Entertainment/Design jobs open immediately

2. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

I'm the one leaving the position and can answer any questions.

The sports editor is one of the best people you'll ever work for and there's a lot to do for fun in this area. World-class ski hill in Whitefish, lots of golf courses, great fishing and hunting, and of course, Glacier National Park is less than an hour away.

There's lots of winning teams to cover throughout the year and a surprising number of pros. (Two Olympians, a top bull rider, one of the top mountain bikers in the country, a CFL MOP finalist and Brock Osweiler)

Draft saved Draft deleted