1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/designer, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

can i interest you in a fresca, dog?

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

So ... any chance any of this is left tomorrow morning? I think it should be.

I think people have a right to know what kind of person Bob Meseroll is (and that's not outing; he's posted his own name under that handle multiple times), to come on here and bash a former employee who did nothing but speak the truth of the poor pay of a newspaper. She didn't come on here and say something like "Fuckabuncha Missoulian," she just stated a fact about pay. So her former boss comes on here and bashes her?

Sorry, Bob. Epic fail. Stick to hoarding one of your paper's prime beats for yourself and chasing off two of your best writers.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

talking shit is easy. being a good boss? ... not so much.

4. Death

Death Member

Mmmmm. Fresca.

That's the thing. You and Dickens both hit on it perfectly. In no situation should a boss come into a public forum and do something this heinous. It smacks of immaturity, cockiness and unprofessionalism.

It takes years to become a good boss. And one thing I've noticed about most good bosses is that they NEVER consider themselves to be good to their employees. They always feel guilty about pay, time off, assignments, whatever.

If you're going to be a boss that's different from the kind posted above, fine. But if you talk shit, you'd better have the goods to back it up if you're flinging it from the cheap seats, above reproach.

Whether Cutthroats has the cred to shoot off his mouth is up to those who know him. But from afar, he should stick to worrying about his current section, not who worked for him in the past. The Missoulian needs Cut's wit and selflessness more than SportsJournalists.com.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Um, well, I really have no comment on cutthroats.

But I have something for Death, who seems to know a lot more than he's let on in the past.

I think of this poem every time he posts.

6. Death

Death Member

Yea, sorry for the rant and for the Kalispell hijack; Cut's "take" just hit a nerve late at night I s'pose.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No problem, dude. We're better for having you around.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm happy to know that death actually loves fresca.

awesome.

9. is this really the comment that set you off?

i don't know the history of the players involved here -- maybe chick roasted your cat over the barbie, maybe you put down her dog -- but i see chick's post as fair game: stating that the paycheck won't be large, even by industry standards.

i'd really like to see what you'd say were some employee to really give it to you on this board.

10. Classy move, cutthroats.

Looks like Missoula has been added to the places I'll never work.

Dumbass.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tom petty approved this message.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.