1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/designer, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fail with the quote function :D

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, i figure if i keep up with this posting thing, i might learn how to use it.

i just need to get the hang of it.

3. sportschick

Maybe someday, Tomas.

By all accounts, Steve came off as a very good guy, even after he got fired as the school's assistant softball coach (his daughter played) because of his past drug convictions.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

howe's abuse of coke was sad on many levels ... even more than the fact he might have went on to become the best reliever in the history of the game.

the guy was lights out during the year he received strike 1. i think he'd just given up his first run of the year just days before. but obviously, he was more than just a player.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Reposted, but without mentioning "designer" in the hed. Requesting immediate availability.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=970142

6. sportschick

Oh, there will be designing. I laugh at their fail in attempting to find someone.

7. thebigd

thebigd Member

They were turned down by one guy who accepted a job at a twice-weekly in Oregon. Don't know where they are at with their latest search.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bandon, or wherever on the coast?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Probably thinking of Brookings, Ore.

Kalispell is a great town. Down side is they really don't having beyond the high schools. And having worked for Hagadone previously, it raises a couple of red flags, too.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeaaah. i guess that'd work as wherever the hell.

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

"Great town" is not how I'd describe Kalispell. Sure, it's not without its charms, but it's not even the third-best town in the Valley. I'll take Whitefish, Bigfork and C-Falls over Kalispell any day.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

But those towns don't have newspaper jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.