1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/designer, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=545907

I will answer questions about the area and the temperment of the ME and SE.

But I will also warn you, this is Hagadone, meaning there's no dental and the most effed up vacation policy I've ever seen.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they'll attempt to tell you part of the pay is the environment. i suggest you tell them you can't eat a mountain.

3. sportschick

The pay there isn't as bad as the pay was in Missoula. It's not great, and you won't be able to afford a house (housing prices are insane), but you won't have to eat raman or live in a cardboard box either.

4. outdoors

outdoors Member

This position was open several months ago that was listed as an "immediate" opening. I know they went through some interviews, but decided to freeze the spot until now. If I remember right, they used to have four on the staff, but cut one, and instead are turning that into this position with both design and writing. Pay was around $12-$14 an hour, or somewhere in that area.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd hate to see what missoula is paying.

6. sportschick

We'll just say it was less, TP.

Also they added this position after I left about three years ago, right about the time the new high school in Kalispell opened.

7. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Homes of L. Ron Hubbard and Michelle Williams.

[​IMG]

Yummy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

although you only have 300 and some change, your contributions to this board have become solid ... so, so solid.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Didn't Kalispell also gave us Steve Howe?
    On a more positive note, I believe it also gave us Amanda Kimmel, former Miss Montana USA and two-time Survivor finalist.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Hagadone? Is that like haggis?

11. sportschick

Steve lived in Whitefish, although I believe at least one coke arrest was in Kalispell.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.