1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Designer, Elizabethtown (Ky.) six-day daily

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Central-KY-Kid, Jan 30, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Also, can someone please tell me why I need to use kid gloves with KY?

In the past week, he's called a reader an idiot:

Called his coworkers morons:

Called a fellow poster stupid:

Agreed that the same poster was dumb:

[quote author=KYSportsWriter]
    [quote author=LongTimeListener]
    You're making yourself dumber with every post on every thread.
    [/quote]

I didn't think that was possible.
    [/quote]

And, even admonished the same poster for -- not taking someone else's advice:

I should probably note that the poster who has drawn the most of his ire is on his second, full-time, out-of-state job since graduating from college last spring.

And, having identified the small paper he woks at, blasting his co-workers on the desk isn't just some anonymous rant. It could only apply to a handful of people.

So, I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to bit my tongue, and hold back my opinions.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're reaching, YF.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why are you so freaking obsessed with what I do and what I post on here, YF?

You have this sick infatuation with my life, it seems.

And last I checked, the dimwit thread was a place we could all vent our frustrations. That's what I was doing. As far as the coworker goes, the only one who posts on here is CK.

You've been nothing but an ass to me, even when I don't say anything to you. Does the Manti Te'o thread ring any bells, chief? So why would I listen to anything you have to say to me?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

In the newspaper industry, it's "a boss who doesn't support you."

5. YankeeFan

Damn it!

How did I fuck that up after seeing this post earlier today:

My humble apologies.

6. YankeeFan

Oh, hey, sorry. I thought you had me on blast.

I tried to respond to your last PM, but it wouldn't go through because you blocked me.

And, I get that you think I'm picking on you. I wish someone you respect would chime in. But, I suspect they're tired of giving you advice they know you will reject.

But look, if you're happy, then nothing I'm saying should upset you.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's OK. We don't expect you to be smart, just pretty. With your enormous (real) fauxhawk.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

YF, I like you. I think you are a good guy. I also think you may mean well. That said, cool it. You have made your points and I am starting to think KY has a point. You are obsessed.

So I am asking in a telling kind of way. Leave him alone. Now and forever. In posts and PMs. You have built a very good life for yourself and that is cool. Enjoy it as you should. And leave KY the hell alone. He is a good guy and he will make his life choices as you have made yours. If he needs or wants advice, he will ask

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Position has been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted