1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports reporter, danbury news times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lefty2432, Dec 15, 2008.

1. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

Anyone have any questions on this one, drop me a line. I can give a little insight since I work here.

And thanks for the kind words floridanewbie31

2. TooOldForThis

TooOldForThis New Member

Wow ... I'm kind of in shock to read that Ed left ... I mean, I guess I shouldn't be since I guess he'd been there for close to 25 years (maybe longer but we overlapped on that Putnam County front in the mid-late 1980s) but still ...

Dan, can you share where he's moved on to by any chance? We were old friends and I'd love to get back in touch with him!

Thanks a lot!!!

3. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

I think Ed is still in Mahopac, N.Y., but I don't know what he is up to these days.

I haven't talked to him since he left.

4. shopbg77

shopbg77 New Member

anyone heard anything?

5. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

A hiring freeze has been put in place as Hearst has recently sent out "voluntary termination contracts." If enough people do not accept the package the company is offering layoffs are likely. Happy New Year!

I will drop a post if we get the go ahead.

6. SpikesHigh

SpikesHigh New Member

Ed Flink was there forever. Does anyone know why he left?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did not like the feeling that he was working in Central America.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Drinking heavily at that restaurant/bar down on the lake, opposite downtown? Good place.

There's also a pretty good Italian restaurant in Mahopac, and another pretty decent bar on the end of a strip mall on Highway 6, the Red something-or-other.

Good times in Mahopac.

9. mjf38

mjf38 New Member

I forgot about this one! I applied a while back but never heard anything. I take it they aren't looking to fill it anymore because of the hiring freeze.

Draft saved Draft deleted