1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports reporter, danbury news times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lefty2432, Dec 15, 2008.

1. lefty2432

lefty2432 New Member

Company Name Danbury News Times
    Job Category Arts/Entertainment/Publishing
    Location Danbury, CT
    Position Type Full-Time, Employee
    Experience 0-1 Years Experience
    Date Posted December 7, 2008
    View Danbury News Times profile and job listings
    Email jsonski@newstimes.com
    SPORTS REPORTER The News-Times in Danbury, Conn., is looking for full-time sports reporter to cover variety of college, high school and community sports. Broad knowledge of sports and strong reporting and writing skills required. Excellent work ethic and positive, team-oriented attitude are musts in our vibrant, upbeat newsroom. Photo and/or video experience a plus. Send resume to Sports Editor Jason Sonski at jsonski@ newstimes.com

Anybody know anything about this?

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I know I interviewed there years ago. Not a bad place but expensive as hell to live in. And i interviewed there in February. It was cold. Cold.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just don't eat at the Subway down the street. It will turn your stomach.

One positive is cheapest gas in all of CT. I think Hugo Chavez demanded that all the Citgo stations in area keep their price below 1.80 to help out the South American immigrant population of Danbury.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Danbury is the site of one of the top 5 worst nights of my life. Has nothing to do with the job, but I'm sayin', fuck Danbury.

5. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

And, as Dave Chappelle would say, fuck carrots.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Old hockey team there used to be owned by a mob boss, Jim Galante. It was never boring before he went back to jail for mail fraud after paying guys like Brent Gretzky $150K to play minor league hockey.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you had your bad experience at Tuxedo Junction and continue to badmouth the city and the establishment, we're gonna fight.

8. Boom_70

Perhaps he ate at that restaurant where the co owner put his partner in the meat grinder. Place still open can't fathom how anyone would eat there.

http://www.newstimes.com/latestnews/ci_8542629

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe the partner was well marinated :)

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Probably won't pay much, but Danbury's a nice area for the most part.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Something about that area of CT and original ways to kill people:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE2D6123BF936A25756C0A96E948260

12. Boom_70

Its Fargo without the accents.

Draft saved Draft deleted