1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Corpus Christi, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Come on Matt! I'll give you SmashBurger, but Five Guys is ohhhhhhh soooooo good.

2. JPsT

JPsT Member

But don't take my word for it. Check out a review in the March 16, 2006 edition of The Appalachian.

3. Ellgee

Ellgee Member

Paper's OK, Billy, but many of the people in sports got out of the business after Corpus. I think four from the recent exodus left the business (though one resurfaced 2 1/2 years later with Houston's online arm) while the fifth went directly to Houston.

4. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Steak and Shake is relatively inexpensive and makes pretty good burgers, too, although their french fries kind of suck.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Texas beaches look dirty because of the color of sand that gets washed up. That's because of the geology in the area and also what comes down the Mississippi. If you see white sand on a Texas beach, it's likely trucked in.

Corpus is the HQ of Whataburger. There are something like 25 stores in Corpus alone, so you can't miss it. And say hi to the great Coach Danaher at Calallen.

6. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Oil spill didn't do any justice for the sea life and beaches in the gulf.

7. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Back on topic ... this is a great gig for someone right out of school or a veteran looking to make a move to a nice city. The SE is awesome.

Also, back off topic, I will echo the fact that there are nicer beaches in Texas than Corpus.

8. Ellgee

Ellgee Member

Whataburger was founded in Corpus, but it moved its HQ to San Antonio about six years ago.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ditto! Even the best Texas beaches at South Padre have serious problems.
    Texas is not a great "beach" state IMHO but go to South Padre if you want the best of Texas.

Draft saved Draft deleted