1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Copy Editor -- Harrisonburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Cristiano_Ronaldo, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Duton

Duton Member

My bad. Should've put up the he/she designation. I definitely worked with women in college that would "rock this section" and I actually pushed one of them for a previous opening. Just so happens that everyone we've interviewed and are currently considering are guys. Any women who might have been turned off by my accidentally sexist comment, please send your stuff.

Cell phone rumor is also true. The miracle was that a dog bit through the antenna of the Zack Morris Nokia, and the slightly less ridiculous Motorola drowned in a lake.

2. I'll vouch for this paper. The staff is the typical "work hard, play even harder," kind of crew, and whoever gets this job will enjoy the 1-2 years he/she is here. Nobody really stays longer, only because Simmons has an excellent track record of moving people up in this business.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Do I need to repeat that this one also has the Moddy Seal of Approval?

4. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

What the dilly?

5. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

For what it's worth, I'll vouch for that. Harrisonburg's coverage of James Madison is among the best in the CAA. Good bunch of guys, too.

And believe it or not the Burg has very a good Japanese steakhouses. The steak and shrimp is awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted