1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Colby (Kan.) Free Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by chazp, Apr 10, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

CSI: Prairie Town...

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I forget we're all not in the East or Pacific time zones ... Colby shares a lot of its DNA with Jericho.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought there was only CSI and CSI: Miami. There's a CSI: Prairie Town now? Really?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Regarding the ad: There are professional newspapers that use Pagemaker?

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Yeah, that's what caught my eye. I think my high school paper had better than that.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I used Pagemaker in high school. On old PowerPC Macs. Almost 10 years ago.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Such papers do exist.

I know. I checked.

8. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Colby used to have a kick-a-- outlet mall right on I-70. Used to make a twice-a-year excursion just to buy a dozen Polo sportshirts for half price.

'Course, that was 1991. Think the place is a flea market now.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Having Brett as your favorite Royal might be too easy, but Whitey Herzog said John Mayberry cost Kansas City a World Series title in 1977 because he was strung out on drugs.

10. FreddiePatek

Hello there, Mr. Non-Sequitor! That racoon ran off with my lamb chop! (sarcasm font engaged)

::)

11. FreddiePatek

Though lest I get in trouble for driving this topic off-topic. Let me just say this job might be just fine. Truly, though, Colby is not a great place to live. Every stereotype you've ever heard about Kansas exists there. I don't say that to slam the place ... it's just that it's too far off the beaten path for anyone to ever consider it a decent stepping stone. Just MHO.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My dad used to tell me stories about when he worked at some grain elevator in Colby in the 60s (before he even married my mom, much less sired yours truly).

Draft saved Draft deleted