1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Bloomington Herald-Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris_Korman, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ChmDogg

ChmDogg Member

How was a simple question "complaining", chief?

Let me know. Love to hear a great OSU-douche answer on this one.

2. J_Price

J_Price New Member

Hey guys,
    For those looking for an email address, send them to HR director, Kim Sutton, at ksutton@heraldt.com

P.S. - I'm counting on one of you to unchain me from the desk.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

thanks jp

4. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Simply saying that it's been my experience that when they ask for your application via mail, you send it via mail and don't ask questions. I know plenty of sports editors who get annoyed when their inboxes are jammed with resumes and clips they then have to print out and reformat.

No need for name-calling there.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Good paper, with some good folks working there.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I completely understand that. I know emailing when snail mail is preferred might kill someones chances, but if you apply for as many jobs as I do, there is just not enough time to print, package and mail portfolios out numerous times per day.

I guess I will take my chances at coming off lazy.

7. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

I hear what you're saying, but if you REALLY want the job, you should take the time and send it via snail mail.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

yeah, how much time does it really take to print things off, throw them in an envelope and go to the post office. If you think you will apply to multiple jobs in a day then wait until 4:30 to go to the post office instead of going multiple times.

9. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

All quiet on this one...anyone hear anything?

10. Paul Wilcoxen

Paul Wilcoxen New Member

I know SE Doug Wilson had his list narrowed down. Other than that, I don't know if they've hired anyone.

11. J_Price

J_Price New Member

I'm not in the inner loop, though I do like watching the management hamsters run in circles, but I know there is no hire yet.
    Interviews were scheduled this week and next, so hopefully a decision will follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted