1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Big Rapids, MI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1614718

Company: Pioneer Group
    Position: Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:
    SPORTS REPORTER

If you long to be under the lights on a Friday night, the Big Rapids Pioneer is looking for a sports reporter to round out our talented sports team.

This reporter would be responsible for coverage of Ferris State University athletics, as well as eight local prep schools. Experience working in video, page design and social media are preferred. Strong photography skills would be a huge asset in this position.

As part of our sports team, your work will appear mainly in the Pioneer, our six-day-a-week paper with a circulation of about 5,000, but you'll also be featured in our sister publications in Reed City and Baldwin. Pioneer Group is a family-owned company where young reporters are encouraged to learn on the job and try new things -- a great place to start for someone looking to gain experience in the field. Also, we run a weekly craft beer column, which speaks volumes about our newsroom culture and our community at large. You'll like working here!

With the winter sports season a couple of weeks away, please don't delay. State/regional candidates preferred. Submit a cover letter, resume and clips of both sports features and game coverage to Sports Editor Greg Buckner at gbuckner@pioneergroup.com

2. d.m.williams

d.m.williams New Member

Has this position already been filled? As an in-state candidate I'm disappointed I've only just stumbled across this now.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Shoot Mr. Buckner an email. He probably won't mind.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This position was filled, and I'm happy to report it's someone I know:

Ryan Zuke, a member of the MLive.com Sports Desk, will take this position in a couple of weeks. There was a second reporter hired recently as well, but I do not know that person's name.

Draft saved Draft deleted