1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SPORTS REPORTER: Bemidji, Minn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by H-Dale08, Oct 26, 2015.

1. H-Dale08

H-Dale08 Member

The Bemidji Pioneer has an immediate opening for a sports reporter. (Yes, I realize this same job was open last year. The reporter is leaving for an opportunity to move close to home.)

The position will focus mostly on high school sports (it's a competitive scene here, especially with Bemidji High, which recently went to the state hockey tournament and is almost always has good Class 5A teams across the board), but with opportunities to cover Division I hockey and other Division II sports at Bemidji State, as well as professional minor league indoor football in the Minnesota Axemen.

It's a small shop (editor, reporter and two part timers in the sports department) so you'll be expected to have some layout and photography skills (luckily, we do have a two full-time photogs -- a rarity in this industry -- but they can't be everywhere so you may be expected to take a photo every now and then).

That said: Design experience a huge plus.

Bemidji is a nice place to live -- college town, on a lake, great scenery and outdoors activities everywhere -- and the Pioneer is a fun place to work.

PM me for details, but we're looking to get moving on this fairly quickly, so refer to the official ad on JJobs here for more info on where to apply: JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking Sports Reporter

2. MacDaddyXXL

MacDaddyXXL New Member

What's the salary range for this gig?

3. H-Dale08

H-Dale08 Member

Negotiable but somewhere in the 25-30k range depending on experience.

Draft saved Draft deleted