1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, AthletesConnection.com, Houston

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by cubman, Dec 31, 2007.

1. anything new on this one?

2. webo

webo New Member

I responded to this opening about a week ago and have not received a reply.

3. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

I have a feeling this is just a freelance gig that would be good for local J-School students to get clips. On the site it says they will pay 25$ for a submitted story so this isn't a real legit full time opportunity. I contacted Purpura and never heard anything either. If you can't get on with the Chronicle as a stringer it wouldn't be a bad way to get some clips

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not to quibble too much, but that is a ludicrous statement. The Metroplex has a major monopoly on Texas high school football right now. There are really good athletes in the Houston area, though.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The Dynamo have proven pretty popular, too -- whereas a legitimately bad sports town like Miami didn't support its MLS team at all.

6. cubman

cubman Member

Hey everyone ... I apologize to those I haven't gotten back to you in the last week or so. We've accepted our last resumes and I'm in the final stages of narrowing everything down now. At home now but will get back to those of you who wrote Monday.
    And trust me, this isn't a part-time gig for an intern. Those who contribute stories on the $25 per basis are usually local people submitting news or features on teams we can't always get to. This is a full-time opportunity.

7. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

Yao's out...I think I'm going to cry.

Just when the Rockets were playing well. It's almost like they do it to torture the die-hard Houston fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted