1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter at Rome Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by eroc, Mar 26, 2008.

1. eroc

eroc New Member

Don't have a link for this job, but I saw it in the classified of my local newspaper. Yeah, I actually read the newspaper. Either way the Rome Sentinel is currently looking for a sports reporter. I applied and have an interview for later next week. Just wondering if anyone here has any information about the paper. All I know is David Swanson is the ME. I have been unable to find out who the SE on their website. From what I've seen from their web coverage and web design, it looks like they may be in need of a face lift. So if any of you guys have either worked here before or have any helpful tips for me that would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance. http://romesentinel.com/

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The ad in question:

Sports reporter candidate sought for full-time opening at daily newspaper. Emphasis on community coverage. Ability, accuracy and attitude important. Send clips and resume to:
    Managing Editor,
    Rome Sentinel Co.,
    P.O. Box 471,
    Rome N.Y., 13440.
    FAX (315) 339-6281.

3. When in Rome . . .

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When in Rome, make a web page like the Romans do?

Actually, I think the Romans were better at web design.

5. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

6. The third story on the sports section of the Web Site is a Red Sox-Devil Rays game from Sept. 22.

O/U on circ. is 1,000.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

8. jps

jps Active Member

Did a quick check on abc earlier ... about 12K if I recall.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about the paper, but I drove through there once. Let's just say that Rome has seen better days (and I'm not referring to the Empire ones).

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No. Click on sports. It really is the third link.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I saw that. Your guess on the circulation is off, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted