1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Assistant Sports Editor, North Adams, MA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 3, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The North Adams Transcript has an immediate opening for a sportswriter/assistant sports editor. Qualified candidates will help our sports editor and freelancers cover four high schools, two colleges, including Division III powehouse Williams College, and the North Adams SteepleCats, a member of the New England Collegiate Baseball League. Quark experience and the ability to take sports photographs are pluses. There is significant opportunity for advancement, both at our paper and our many sister newspapers in MediaNews Group. Send a resume, cover letter and writing clips to the Ryan Holmes, sports editor, North Adams Transcript, P.O. Box 1840, North Adams, MA 01247. Electronic applications are encouraged. E-mail rholmes@thetranscript.com.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

The ASE takes photos? Might be a little title inflation here.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Given that this is MediaNews, it wouldn't surprise me.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I believe North Adams was once the source of one of the great SportsJournalists.com dogpiles of yore.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think so.

That said, it's where I beat the crap out of a 10-year-old in a chess tournament at Mass MOCA. Good times.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Ah, the paper that sparked Krystal Grow's love of journalism.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I can shed some light on this job, paper, and area via PMs.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Good ol' North Adams. As a proud graduate of Mass College of Liberal Arts, formerly North Adams State College, I can say with authority this is a decent paper to start at.

If you go for an interview or drive through for a look at the community might I suggest a little driver up the road into Williamstown to Chopsticks. Great sushi and asian foods. In the words of Rachel Ray - YUMMO!

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

There are far worse places to work in New England. I know of one or three.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

It is title inflation, but it's not wrong. You assist the sports editor, ergo, you're the assistant sports editor. You could, possibly, change your title to chief photographer, since you'll be doing the photographer, too.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Um...

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

TTIUWOP

Draft saved Draft deleted