1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Ashland (Ohio) Times-Gazette

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chad Conant, Jun 16, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's just because we were told not to, ya know . . . the whole forbidden fruit thing. I normally just ignore boys, but when I'm told I can't talk to them . . .

2. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I think us guys just need to conspire to act like we're not interested in girls at all for a whole year. If we can get that discipline, that might change things for generations to come! ;D

3. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Just a side note: If anyone has a question about the job ......

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sorry about the jack, Chad :-[

5. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Hey, no problem. I participated in the thread jack. I just wanted to make sure anyone with interest in the gig knows they can still ask about that, too.

6. Wisconsin Cowboy

Wisconsin Cowboy New Member

Wasn't there an opening not too long ago...and what is the difference between that hiring and this one? Any room for advancement?

7. King_Cecil

King_Cecil Member

any idea what kind of level of experience they're looking for?

8. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Wisconsin,

Yes, there was an opening there in January as well. A private message to me might get you better details.

Cecil,

If you can show them clips, you have enough experience. Last hire was straight out of college. considering this is basically preps and little league baseball and football, they're not looking for a ton of experience here.

Draft saved Draft deleted