1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter Arizona Daily Sun

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hrwilson3, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Except Lee's site says it's not open, so there isn't a way to apply there.

2. spud

spud Member

The position is open July 1.

Whoops.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They probably are starting the application process early, so there isn't much time with just one reporter running the whole show.

As far as applying, I'm sure the newspaper has an address. Most reporters know how to look up an address too.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wait until Monday or Tuesday

5. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I lived in Flagstaff for six years and spent three of them at this paper. Anyone who wants whatever bit of knowledge I can offer, let me know via PM. There are also a couple of other AZDS vets on the board who I'm sure will weigh in here.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The pay might suck, but sounds like the, um, benefits aren't too shabby.

Why in hell does a 60,000 town have a newspaper that is only 11k? Bunch of illiterates?

7. Kmac7

Kmac7 Member

perhaps they read their news online for free

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's too late for me, considering my current financial obligations (family and creditors) and the fact I like this job, but a part of me would love, for the last 10-15 years of my career, to go back to the basics and work as a do-it-all writer/editor at a small-town paper.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Unlike most towns that size, not really ringed by suburbs. It's in the middle of nowhere.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't think circulation is going to be that great on the rez.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Fixed.

12. donnie23

donnie23 Member

College town, second-home population. If you adjusted that 60k number for year-round residents who might take the paper on a regular basis, it would move down. Beyond that, many folks in Flag prefer to take the Arizona Republic instead so they can (at least in meatier Gannett days) get more state and national news, along with more on their favorite Phoenix teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted