1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Argus Leader, Sioux Falls, S.D.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Aug 11, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying the Corn Palace or Wall Drug are points of pride, just that most everything you need you can find along I-29.

ND leaving will be a big hit to football and womens basketball ... maybe soccer. The football team made two DivII championship game appearances in the last five years, remember.

2. BH33

BH33 Member

I once covered an Augustana game against Northern Colorado. It was bitter cold, and there were literally 25 people in the stands, and 20 of those traveled with Northern Colorado. I don't dispute what you're saying North61, but I had to laugh because my one experience years ago was so different. I've never covered a game - high school or whatever - with so few fans.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The North Central Conference, without UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD and Northern Colorado, is nothing more than a shell of its former self.

And Rapid/Sturgis are 6 hours from SF.

4. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

Again, untrue. The job has been posted for 72 hours, and resumes are floating in. But no interviews are currently scheduled.

5. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

Another note for those interested: send clips with your resumes.

6. BH33

BH33 Member

I thought it was odd that they'd be doing interviews already. The job was posted Friday and by Sunday they're already doing interviews? I'm glad it's not true.

7. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

It seems there are some folks plugged in here. Anyone know anything?

8. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

Interviews are under way for this position. A decision should be made soon.

9. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

Terry Vandrovec from The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead has been hired for this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted