1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Anchorage Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JB20, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Craig_Lancaster

Craig_Lancaster New Member

Anchorage, with the notable exceptions of the extended winter and the limited road system, bears more resemblance to your typical 250,000-population city than it does to "Northern Exposure." The setting is far more scenic than most. (On the downside, my experience was that there's far more petty crime. My car was broken into three times in three years there. I've lived in much larger places and never had that kind of trouble.)

I worked at the Daily News from 1995 to 1998 and loved it. A lot of time has passed, obviously, but many of the people I knew are still around. An ambitious young writer could do far worse than to work with Mike Campbell, the sports editor, and the rest of the sports crew.

2. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

This job description reappeared on jj.com today. Any idea if it's another opening or readvertising the same one?

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Not sure, but with winter arriving, my guess is there weren't many applicants.

Draft saved Draft deleted