1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter — Cartersville Daily Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jason Greenberg, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jason Greenberg

Jason Greenberg New Member

The Cartersville Daily Tribune News is seeking to add a dedicated reporter to cover local sports in Bartow County, Georgia and produce a relevant, must-read sports section six days a week.

Bartow County, located within the northwest edge of the Atlanta metropolitan area, is the home to four competitive high school sports programs, including state championship contenders in baseball and football, as well as highly recruited athletes. Among the locations in the coverage area is LakePoint Sporting Community and Town Center, one of the premier sports destinations in the South featuring elite athletic facilities for multiple sports.

As part of a two-person department, we also spotlight the broader community and a range of sporting activities. Our stories look at, not only who won, but why for an extremely passionate fan base.

Interested candidates should email their resumes and writing samples to jason.greenberg@daily-tribune.com.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is Butch Walker's hometown.

3. ryno d

ryno d New Member

Marvelous!

4. AndrewH202

AndrewH202 New Member

I'm the one leaving, so feel free to hit me up if anyone's got any questions.

Cartersville was a great place to get started right out of college. Some of the best high school teams in the country are there, namely Cartersville football and baseball, and there's a great variety of stories

5. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter New Member

Andrew,

What kind of job would you consider this? I see you said a great place to get started right out of college. I'm two years in at my current gig and two years removed from a master's program. Looking for a sports journo job though. What's your suggestion?

Draft saved Draft deleted