1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports-related ringtones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Doc, I might go for that ringtone.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Depends on the song. My "Lip Gloss" is a little distorted. But my "You Make Me Better" is pitch perfect regardless of volume.

Has to do with bass, or guitars, I think.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That makes sense. I've converted three songs, and the one with the most bass sounds the worst, although not bad at all.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've got the MNF theme on mine, as well as "I'm a Jayhawk." Yeah, I'm sure you guys all saw that coming.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I know Mrs. Birdscribe, the Badger and avowed Michigan hater, certainly would.

A golf writer I know has Jack Buck's call of Kirk Gibson's home run in the '88 Series as his ringtone. Pretty sweet tone, if you're a Dodger fan.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm still searching for a kick-ass "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" ringtone. None of that rock 'n' roll cover version crap, even though I do like some of the Springsteen and other versions that I've heard. Just a good piano/organ old-school tune that's instantly recognizable, nothing too gaudy.

Any help, SJ?

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

This Week in Baseball would have a couple of great songs for ringtones. "Gathering Crowds" (the end theme) & the opening theme would be sweet.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I just got rid of the Hockey Night in Canada ringtone I had. I needed something that is a statement of me.

I thought about "the bitch is back" but then I thought that could scare people away.

So now I am looking for a suitable music wise ring tone. People told me the HNIC ringtone became really annoying too. Glad I got rid of it.

Right now, JT's Sexy Back is my ringtone until I find the right onw.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I just registered for Myxer ... and got the MNF theme. I'm happy now.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

At one point a couple years ago I had the Monday Night Football theme on the phone ... now it's The Commodores' "Machine Gun."

However, that "Brass Bonanza" ringtone is on my wish list. I've covered a team coached by a former Hartford Whaler and I've always wondered what it would be like if the phone started playing "Brass Bonanza" in the middle of an interview with him.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

CSC, where did you get the HNIC ringtone?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just want to say I catch my breath a little bit every time I see "HNIC."

When I see that, I do NOT think of Hockey Night in Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted