1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports-related ringtones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 15, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I would love to have Cosell's "Down goes Frazhuh!" for my phone. Anyone else want something like that, or have it/know where to get it?

(How Al Gore got the Noble Prize and not the guy who figured out how to get people to pay for their phone ring is beyond me...)

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If you have the audio file in MP3 format and you have a phone with a USB connection, it is very likely that you can just copy the file over.

Also, the guy that came up with the idea to charge people for ringtones is receiving the Nobel Price for Scamming. Last year's winner, the Nigerian Prince on the run, only wishes he was that smart.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Find a way to save it to your computer as an mp3.

Then go to www.mobile17.com. Best site ever. You can pick any portion of any mp3 and make it a ringtone (if your phone is compatible) for free. If you pay $1, it's done in like 10 seconds.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm looking for a site where I can download the Hockey Night In Canada theme.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Not sure my phone can handle USB, but I have an upgrade coming next month. I'm getting a little tired of Ravel's 'Bolero.'

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You don't need USB for mine. Just save it to your comp, then go to Mobile17.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I used to have "Brass Bonanza" but currently Vin Scully is my default ringtone.

"A little roller up along first . . . behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight . . . and the Mets win it!"

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I'll trade you that for the Monday Night Football theme. If we could figure out how to do it ...

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law has the MNF theme on his cell, but I think his 12-year-old son did it for him.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This makes for a great ringtone ... especially when you are in Minnesota.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My brother has, "Yankees win! Thaaaaaaaaaaa Yaaaankees win." For his ring tone. It is quite obnoxious.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Never. Gets. Old.

Draft saved Draft deleted