1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That overnight shift got me through a long summer of delivering newspapers.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Amen. It got me though a lot of term papers, research, etc

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Damn, Jorge Sedano is a MIA homer. He just hung up on a longtime caller who had the 'audacity' to say that Ben Wallace got the better of Shaq.

I like the Heat, but, geez, c'mon Jorge.

4. wow, a talk radio guy hanging up on someone? That's crazy.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

crazy like an idiot ... or jdv in this instance.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

An old list, but here you go.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=492051

I used to be a "clone" back when he and his callers were actually FUNNY, and the only sports talk I could get was on his replay on WOAI at night.

In a similar vein, here's the gloss from The Ticket in Dallas.

http://www.theticket.com/ticktionary.htm

We're all P1's at my office.

Re Ron Bahr: His show is alive and well and actually better than I expected. A 5,000-watt mom-and-popper just came on the air in Dallas and is an affiliate. I had no idea Sports Byline USA was still in business.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I gotta say I'm not a Bruno fan anymore. Used to be when he was on fox sports radio. He has always been far too into the Hollywood/SoCal beautiful people scene than sports, but it's worse than ever now. And his sidekick Mark Willard (sp?) is weak, unlike Siciliano a few years back.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That is so dead on. The show becomes something special for 60 minutes every day when those two can play off each other. Outside of that .... ehhh.

I, for one, am so happy that Mister Tony is back on satellite, 9-11 weekday mornings. As comfortable a show as ever.

I've tried with Cowherd, really I have. But I'm now turning over to Tony Bruno's latest reincarnation more and more often. And I'm no big Tony Bruno fan. Cowherd's smarminess has just finally turned me off.

There's a late-night guy, 2-6 a.m. on XM Sports Radio, used to be on Sporting News Radio ... David Stein. It's a really weird show, with every caller having to say something "good about their life" before making a sports statement. I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but the schtick got old quickly.

If WIP in Philly wasn't just a little too far to listen to clearly, I'd spend a lot of time listening to them. I used to.

9. Dignan

Dignan Guest

God, I hate Dan Patrick's radio show. Dull, not entertaining, not funny. Just three hours of opinions I never asked for.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Why, prey tell, would you be tuning into a sports talk radio station if you are determined not to hear three hours of opinions?

11. I was just getting ready to ask the same thing.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hold Kornheiser's old show on ESPN as the standard... Nothing else is even close...

I enjoy Rome until he starts taking callers. The emails are great, the phone calls are crap...

Dan Patrick is very solid.

Colin Cowherd is a fucking asshole.

Jason Smith (ESPN all-night) is very solid.

Sportsbash is pretty annoying.

Scott Ferrall (Sirius 101) is very entertaining... I may be biased since I've listened to him since he was in SF...

Draft saved Draft deleted