1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

F*ck. Now I have to listen to Shaq Hater Tom Looney gloat all night. ::)

Oh, well. At leat JT has to squirm as his Yanks fall apart

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

F*ck Tom Looney, Kobe Apologist

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's not fallen at all. TK on his worst day is still better than Jim Rome.

I swear, the other day I flipped over to Rome during a break on the classic rock station I was listening to. There was dead air for at least 15 seconds before he came back and said "Solid." Then another 10 second pause before he said something else. He's just brutal to listen to. I can't help but think his "clones" are the LCD crowd.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Have you heard the newest TK shows? Seriously, enough of the fucking American Idol. That's all he ever fucking talks about.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There was a guy - I think on SportsFan Radio network a few years back who did overnights - he was an arrogant cuss - always talked about being "factual" - bragged about all the stadia he had been too - went off on callers who used the term "we" when talking about their teams - I LOVED HIM...but I forgot his name. Anybody got anything on him?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That might have been JT. He was on Sports Fan Radio before they went belly up. Also, what the hell ever happened to Ron Bahr of Sports Byline USA? And The "we" thing was also the pet peeve of Mark Patrick when he was on Fox Sports Radio. I believe MP is now on XM doing some baseball shit.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I heard him like 6 months ago or so on there. Not sure what he's up to if he left

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually - I remembered the arrogant guy I was talking about BOB KEMP - always talked about COACH BOB KNIGHT never "Bobby" etc. He really knew his stuff. As for a Rome dictionary - I think you can find a glossary on the Web complete with how those terms came to be.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

John Kincaid is a smug punk

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ryan Rusillo (sp?) - Another ESPN Boston homer ::)

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

While Chris Thomas Tampa radio was on Tampa sports radio was bad. Now that he's gone it's probably the worst in the history of mid-sized sports markets. Thomas was great, every thing else on 620 sucked. Now every thing on 620 (local stuff) sucks. Steve Duemig is criminally bad. His knowledge extends to horse racing and claiming to be a good gambler. When he knows about football and hockey could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Most of the guys in the office are looking forward to Rome's smack off. For all that's said about Rome the relationship he has with his die hards is pretty fascinating.

Joe Benigno is entertaining if nothing else because he's a fan talking with fans and there's something natural about that. When he's angry I get the sense that he's really angry and he's not playing it up for radio.

I will admit that Steve Somers is a guilty pleasure. He delightfully doesn't take himself seriously and he's having a ball antigonizing Yankee fans.

I used to hate JT The Brick until I met him, now I just hate his show.

Steve Czaban has always been solid in my opinion.

Every now and then I flip on Jeff Cameron up in Tallahassee and his show can be quite funny. He doesn't have a large diversity in his knowledge, but he's good at what he knows and he sticks with that.

Cowherd is awful although I admittedly laughed when he ripped UVa football.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I really like Beningo. I used to listen to him all the time on the overnight shift.

Draft saved Draft deleted