1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Three pages and no Mr. Tony? I know it's satellite radio and all but wow, how the mighty have fallen.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I swear to God, I was driving down the road around 1 a.m. a few weeks ago and started flipping around the AM dial. Got about nine talk stations, including one local FM talker, and all but the sports radio station had Coast to Coast AM on. Talk about your conspiracy theories...

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I love TK. Too bad I don't have satellite radio :(

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Hate Kuselius, JT and Siciliano.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

They definitely get the freaks. One night, this guy was talking about global warming. He was saying there was a massive cold period coming and that is why all the genocide and AIDS was taking place in Africa. We would need some place new to live, and corporations would need new places to do business so they are killing off all the Africans.

It was pretty entertaining, but totally crazy.

Oh, and I forgot about the Joe B and Denny Show. Has former UK coach Joe Hall and Cards coach Denny Crum. Very entertaining and a lot more than just basketball. Not sure of you can get it online or on the air anywhere but Kentucky.

I forgot about Papa Joe, the one from One on One sports. We used to get that station. He was annoying,, but not as bad as the guy who called himself the coach killer. Can't think of his name.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Papa Joe thought he was going to be the Rush of sports-talk-radio.

Guess again, Tubbo.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Rick Ballou is doing a daytime show in Jacksonville.
    Great guy, does a classy show, unbelievably knowledgeable.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nancy Donlan is still around but not doing a show. She was diagnosed with cancer around the time she lost her show, but last I heard she was doing other things.

Any sports talk host with a nickname sucks "Mad Dog" "The Brick" "New York Vinnie" "Brooklyn Joe" - why is it that none of the "new york nicknames" ever WORK in New York?

9. shouldIgo..

shouldIgo.. New Member

Rome's slow delivery is tough to adust to, but his soccer takes are absolutely hilarious..

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, they are. He was stressing because his kid was into soccer for awhile, wasn't he?

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He's streaming on washingtonpostradio.com and his shows can be heard on demand.

Draft saved Draft deleted