1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My favorite is still Tony Bruno, though his show on Fox Sports Radio was much better than it's reincarnation on Sporting News.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The songs on Mike & Mike are brutal. I can't believe anyone thinks those are a good idea.

I think Gottlieb is interesting. He's much better than John Seibel, who is okay, just boring as all hell.

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Erik Kuselias.

3. oakas

oakas New Member

How this guy keeps his job is beyond me. His show is the worst sports radio that I have ever listened to.
    Fox has Steve Czaban, Ben Maller, and Bruce Jacobs, and we get this clown every night.Terrible, unlistenable radio.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wasn't he the jackoff who disappeared shortly after screaming about "Pooh Richardson's" troubles with drug abuse.

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

What's that queer schtick they do when Greenberg says something like "You gotta love the glove." And then Golic says "Love the glove." And then Greenberg, "Love the glove." And then Golic, "Love the glove."

And then all the dumb teases Greenberg does heading into commercials and the way they tag-team saying "Mike and Mike in the Morning" ... "ESPN Radio" (complete with a fake laugh from Golic as he says it) heading into the breaks. It's all very off-putting, I guess is the best way I can describe it.

44 days and counting, Mike and Mike-free.

Eh, Mark me down for the very early shift on Fox Sports Radio (the show before Szaban).

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Papa Joe's back on local Vegas radio.

From dust you came, and to dust, you shall return . . .

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

he bugs the hell out of me, and they promoted him to tv :(

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The best -- without question -- is Bob McCown in Toronto.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I gotta find him. Thanks, Elliotte.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Since he got promoted to NASCAR Today, I'll never see his work. :)

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

that makes 2 of us :)

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted