1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

1. Seth Everett of MLBTV is not good.

* He said he "applauded" the use of HGH by Rick Ankiel

* He killed Bonds and got his @ss handed to him on that subject on air by Fox Sports
    Radio
    's Derek Deese (who I have not been a big fan of for some time, but he ate
    Everett alive on that topic)

* He's an incredible whiner, particularly when soundly defeated in debate or when
    he's shown to have been wrong. Example: Someone brought up his burying the
    Yanks earlier in the season and he tried to parse his words more than did
    Scooter Libby in his court case

Seth does know the game pretty well and he has pretty good information, it seems, but the delivery is very wanting much of the time. Not sure why Fox Sports Radio continues to use him, unless it's some MLB/Fox (as a distributor of their product) agreement that Fox will promote their MLBTV and MLB.com talent on its airwaves, no matter how lacking in skills that talent may be.
    -------------------

2. Mike Tirico

Not good. Not a guy (similar to Mike Greenberg) who ESPN should be pushing, particularly not this hard (MNF, ESPN Radio, NBA).

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is that a copy and paste job, fanboy?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Kind of wondering if they posted their criteria somewhere, or they just threw it up there like a Bleacher Report list?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Francesa at No. 1!?!

I don't see how any of the local guys could be ranked ahead of national ones.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My first impressions as a West Coast (usually XX1090 in San Diego and KSPN 710 in LA) listener:

Those Loose Cannons bozos are ranked way too high (and Hartman should be ashamed of himself for milking that brand name as long as he has; the time when he teamed with late Chet Forte, the original Loose Cannons, was the last time he was listenable).

And LC should never be ahead of Mason and Ireland, which is probably my favorite show at the moment.

And while I don't care for him, Cowherd seems a bit low on the list.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing screams "douchebag" more than the Fred Ziffel Goatee.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't know. Does Cowherd do anything during his airtime besides scream "douchebag!!!"?

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That is a strange list.

Van Pelt/Russillo and Gottlieb are all less influential than someone in Nashville or Kansas City? I find that hard to believe.

Does Don Geronimo do sports? (I honestly don't know. I know he didn't used to, at least as his main gig.)

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Very East Coast-heavy list, in particular the top dozen. Also, Finebaum is extremely underrated in influence. He's pretty big in SEC country.

(By the way, nice LOL job, Dan.)

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Finebaum might have as much "influence" for the narrow audience he covers than any other host on that list. And I love listening to Petros & Money, but I'd hardly call them "influential."

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's a very very weird list -- I suspect some kind of palm-greasing.

Two of the Detroit combos listed are barely hanging on the air. They're barely "influential" enough to get extra onions on their cheeseburgers.

Draft saved Draft deleted